Bloating is a common issue especially amongst women. Water retention during the menstrual cycle is a common cause of bloating. Bloating can also be a result of gas (yeah, I know it’s gross but I’m just here to provide facts) or bacteria that is active in digestion. Ingesting foods with anti-inflammatory or detoxifying properties will certainly help knock belly bloating out.
Here are some foods that can help decrease bloating.
- Cucumbers: In a previous post, I discussed skin benefits for cucumber juice. If you want to check that out, click here. Cucumbers are a great source of hydration and they also do a great job at elimination excess bacteria in the gut.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are a great source of antioxidants and they are also high in fiber. This allows for clearing of the gut, and in turn results in decreased excess bacteria.
- Green Beans: Green beans are one of my personal favorites; I could literally eat them EVERY SINGLE DAY. Green beans are packed with vitamins and minerals as well as a mild diuretic. This will certainly aid in you slimming down.
- Kimchi: An acquired taste, kimchi is amazing in reducing belly bloating and this is partially due to its fermented nature. Fermented foods are definitely a trend in healthy eating and it’s for good reason. They are packed with probiotics which are great for intestinal health. Probiotics not only aid with digestion but they help to clear out excess bacteria and decrease belly inflammation.
- Garlic: Garlic taste good on just about everything. Literally, every time I cook, there is garlic included in some way, shape or form. It is great for circulation and Cardiovascular health but that’s not where it stops. Garlic has anti-inflammatory properties certainly slimming down your mid-section.
There are tons of other foods that are amazing for decreasing bloating but these are five of my personal favorites. I’ll be sure to share more of these power foods with you in future posts. To read my past posts in the Science of Beauty series, click here.